- Ph.D., School of Arts, Media and American Studies, University of East Anglia, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts, Film Studies (Production and Critical Studies) and Political Science, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2004
- Master of Arts, School of Cinematic Arts - Critical Studies, University of Southern California, 2008
- Dr. Jones joined RMU from the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Extension where as Production Manager he developed hybrid, online, and emerging media learning experiences for the Office of Instructional Design and Learning Support (IDLS).
- Previously, Dr. Jones was a research Project Administrator at the University of Southern California (USC) Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT) in Los Angeles, where he developed instructional simulations applying immersive graphics. These efforts were twice recognized with the US Department of Defense Modeling & Simulation Award for Training (2006, 2008) and by the Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Triennial (2006).
Area of Expertise/Research
- Dr. Jones teaching expertise includes: Media project management; Pre-production (especially concept development and storyboarding); Film, television and new media history, Media aesthetics; Instructional media; and Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) experience design.
- His major research concentrations include: Equity in media education and professionalization; Media industries and production culture studies; Indian animation; Serious games and VR/AR narrative learning environments.