The RMU Weekly Newsletter
Friday, July 13, 2018
- RMU was recognized at Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania’s annual meeting as a member of JA’s Leadership Circle for the financial and in-kind support the University gave during this fiscal year. The Leadership Circle was established to recognize organizations, large and small, and individuals for their combined contributions to help advance Junior Achievement’s mission in the community with children.
- University professor of economics Brian O’Roark was interviewed by Scifi Pulse for a book he co-edited titled, “Superheroes and Economics: The Shadowy World of Capes, Masks and Invisible Hands.”
- Chet Thompson, assistant vice president for underrepresented minority student achievement, was recently elected to a three-year term on the Board of Trustees of PA Cyber, the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School.
- AnnMarie LeBlanc, professor of media arts, had three of her artworks accepted into two national juried exhibitions. Two of her works, titled, “The Anchorite” and “Rue the Anchoress,” were accepted into the 31st National Juried Exhibition by South Cobb Arts Alliance in Austell, Georgia.
“Closer to the Truth” was accepted into the 2018 Figures and Faces National Juried Exhibition by Las Laguna Gallery in Laguna Beach, California.
- Michelle Patrick, dean of School of Business, recently accepted a position on the Board of Directors for the Association for Corporate Growth – Pittsburgh Chapter. ACG Pittsburgh provides members with access to a vibrant local and global network of executives, business leaders, M&A professionals, advisors, strategic planners and capital sources to help bolster middle market companies.
- Andrew McMinn, head coach of men’s lacrosse, coached the 77th Annual Division I/II South Team in the Nike/U.S. Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association North-South Senior All- Star Game. Assistant Coach Tim Cox assisted McMinn and senior midfielder Sean Doyle was chosen to play on the team.
Friday, June 29, 2018
Congratulations to RMU's Phi Delta Theta fraternity for winning the 2018 Kansas City Trophy at the fraternity's national convention. The Kansas City Trophy is given to the top chapter at a small institution. The chapter received several other awards, including the Community Service Commendation and the Stan Brown Trophy, the latter given for the best single-day community service project; the Gold Star Chapter Award; the Excellence in Recruitment and Excellence in Risk Management awards; the GHQ Award for completing required reports to nationals on time; the Scholarship #1 Ranking; and the Biggers Ritual Award for chapters that demonstrate quality performance of the fraternity's rituals.
Last month, the Human Resources department launched a monthly email newsletter, Campus Connections. The newsletter is for all employees and includes wellness tips, news, events, and more. Watch for the next edition coming to your email in the beginning of July.
RMU was awarded the Promise Keeper Award at the Susan G. Komen Celebration of Promise event, where honors programs of local universities compete to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Point Park University was also awarded the Promise Keeper Award.
All faculty and staff should have received an email yesterday advising them of the imminent launch of the new RMU web site. If all goes well, the site will launch today, June 29. During the process, the RMU web site may be inaccessible for up to four hours, although critical functions such as Blackboard, Gmail, and others will still be available. The new site has been purpose-built for external audiences, and as such, you’ll notice that many internal resources are not included. To ensure that our faculty, staff, and students do not lose access to resources housed on our current website, we have included quick links for each of these audiences that will always appear in the top left corner of the new site. Through these links, anyone with an RMU login will be able to access Sentry Secured Services along with much of the content housed on the former RMU website. Please don’t hesitate to share your feedback and questions directly with the web development team by emailing email@example.com.
About the Minuteman
The Minuteman is published weekly by the RMU Department of Public Relations and Marketing for faculty, staff and friends of Robert Morris University. To submit news for publication in The Minuteman, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that information submitted after 5 p.m. Wednesday will be published in that week's Minuteman.