The 16th Annual Actuarial Career Day will be held on Friday, October 5, 2018.
Pittsburgh Airport Marriott, 777 Aten Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108.
Registration Deadline: September 14, 2018
Sponsored by Erie Insurance
This annual event provides an opportunity for students interested in actuarial careers to interact exclusively with actuarial employers, both local and national. RMU is hosting this event for the benefit of its 100 plus RMU actuarial science majors, as well as non-RMU students from around the region. The online registration fee is $30 ($40 if paid at the door), covering the costs of a printed name badge and the processing of student resumes.
All registered students are welcome to submit their resumes by e-mail in advance of the Actuarial Career Day. A complete resume packet will be sent to employers several weeks beforehand so that employers can initiate contact with participants and set up interview schedules for the day of the fair. Instructions for submitting resumes can be found under "Student Instructions."
Here are some facts and figures from the 2017 Actuarial Career Day:
- 214 students registered, including 104 from RMU and 110 representing other local and national universities.
- 18 actuarial employers participated
- 17 different universities were represented by participating students
- 154 resumes were submitted for distribution to participating employers
This page will be updated during the summer and early fall with more detailed information about registration and resume deadlines. Inquiries may be directed by e-mail to Linda Erb (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The following companies attended the 2017 Actuarial Career Day:
- ACTEX Learning (New Hartford, CT)
- Aetna (Hartford, CT)
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York (Buffalo, NY)
- CIGNA (Hartford, CT)
- Erie Insurance (Erie, PA)
- GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD)
- Highmark Inc. (Pittsburgh)
- John Hancock (Boston, MA)
- MassMutual Financial Group (Springfield, MA)
- Mercer (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Nationwide Financial (Columbus, OH)
- New York Life (New York, NY)
- Ohio National Financial Services (Cincinnati, OH)
- Penn Mutual (Philadelphia, PA)
- Principal Financial Group (Pittsburgh)
- State Farm Insurance (Bloomington, IL)
- UPMC (Pittsburgh)
- Willis Towers Watson (Pittsburgh)