- Ph.D., Mass Communication, Ohio University, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Southern California, 1989
- Master of Arts, Ohio State, 1996
- Dr. Moretti spent more than one-dozen years in the broadcast journalism world, holding staff and freelance positions as a reporter and producer.
Area of Expertise/Research
- Dr. Moretti's research interests include politics, sports and media; Russia/Soviet Union; and media history.
“Coverage of India on
the ABC, CBS and NBC Evening News Programs, 1969-2000” World of Media, Journal of Russian Media and Journalism Studies
Vol. 8, 2016, 87-118.
Traitor: Edward Snowden, Daniel Ellsberg and the Power of Media Celebrity” Global Media Journal, American Edition Special
Issue, June 2014.
“The Interference of
Politics in the Olympic Games, and How the U.S. Media Contribute to It” Global Media Journal, Canadian Edition Vol.
6 (2), 2013, 5-18.
“Edgar Snow: How His
Early Years in China Illustrate the Importance (and Potential Limitations) of
Objectivity” Topical Problems of
Communication and Culture Vol. 16, 2014, 225-239.
“New York Times
Coverage of the Soviet Union’s Entrance into the Olympic Games” Sport History Review Vol. 38, 2007,
Coverage of the 1980 and 1984 Olympic Boycotts: A Content Analysis of the
Evening News on ABC, CBS and NBC” Southwestern
Mass Communication Journal Vol. 22 (1), Fall 2006, 75-86.
Journalists: A Growing Trend and its Challenges” Media Ethics Magazine Vol. 18 (1), Fall 2006, 7, 35-38.
Political Messages of the 1936 Berlin
Olympics” Southwestern Mass Communication Journal Vol. 19 (2), 2004,
- 2013 - Paper Presentation: 2013 Moscow Readings Conference, Moscow, RU: Whistleblower or Traitor:
Edward Snowden, Daniel Ellsberg and the Power of Media Celebrity.
- 2010 - Refereed Paper Presentation: 2010 Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication national convention, Denver, CO: ?Edgar Snow: How His Early Years in China Illustrate the Importance (and Potential Limitations) of Objectivity.?
- 2009 - Paper Presentation: 2009 International Association for Media and Communication Research national convention: Mexico City, MX: ?Ukraine?s (First) Push for Independence: Did the New York Times Care?? Paper co-authored with Norman E. Youngblood, Auburn University.
- 2009 - Paper Presentation: 2009 International Association for Media and Communication Research national convention, Mexico City, MX: ?The Chinese National Olympic Committee, the International Olympic Committee and the New York Times: A Fractured Historical Relationship.?
- 2007 - Paper Presentation: 2007 Pop Culture Association/American Culture Association national convention, Boston, MA: ?Who (or What) is An Amateur Athlete.?