Susan W. Parker, Ph.D.
Department Head, Education (Education)
Professor of Education (Education)
412-397-6245 phone (M)
Nicholson Center 458
- Ph.D., Special Education/Early Intervention, University of Pittsburgh, 2008
- Master of Education, Special Education, Pennsylvania State University, 1992
- Bachelor of Arts, Commmunication Studies, Pennsylvania State University, 1985
- Certificate, Elementary Certification, Chatham University, 1988
- Westminster College,
New Wilmington, PA
Assistant Professor of Special Education
- Point Park University,
Visiting Professor of Special Education
- Univeristy of Pittsburgh,
Graduate Student Researcher & UCLID Fellow
- Chester County Intermediate Unit, Exton, PA, Service Coordinator, Classroom Teacher, Home Visitor
- Ken-Crest Services, Philadelphia, PA, Early Intervention Classroom Teacher
- Allegheny County Intermediate Unit, Pittsburgh, PA Headstart Classroom Teacher & Home Visitor
Area of Expertise/Research
- Perceptions of hope for families of young children with disabilities
- Social issues related to young children with disabilities
- 2012 - Recognizing Developmental Red Flags-
Workshop for the Early Childhood Initiative in conjunction with the Laughlin Center, a NAEYC accredited preschool in Sewickley, PA.
- 2011 - Linking PA Standards to Lesson Planning- Early Childhood Initiative
- 2010 - Gracious Space
Parker, S.W., Wolf, T., Brletic,C., Seiger, L., Tittinger, R., Fedon, K.
at the PA-CEC conference in State College, PA
- 2009 - Accommodating a split Student-Teaching Placement - Domanski, L., Parker, S.W., Gettemy, C. Cunningham, J., Shiner, R., Kushner, K., Byers, J.
Slippery Rock University Student Teacher Supervision Conference.
- 2008 - Identifying Developmental Red Flags - Project ECHO
- 2001 - Strategies for Developing/Using Video in Personnel Preparation
Tepe, J.H., Kaczmarek, L.A., Parker, S.W., Knoll, D.
Presented at the Council for Exceptional Children?s Division of Early Childhood Annual Conference, Boston, MA.
- 2001 - Home-School Communication Books: A discussion of Strategies
Kaczmarek, L.A., Paker, S.W., Brown, M., Tepe, J.H.
Presented at the state wide early intervention annual conference, Hershey, PA.
- 2000 - Communication Notebooks: A Content Analysis
Kaczmarek, L.A., Parker, S.W., Shair, E., Laughlin, J., Tepe, J.H., Brown, M.
Presented at the Council for Exceptional Children?s Division of Early Childhood
Annual Conference, Albuquerque, NM.