- Doctor of Science, Information Systems and Communication, Robert Morris University, 2012
- Master of Science, Risk Management, Finch University/Chicago Medical School, 1999
- Master of Science, Health Administration, University of Pittsburgh, 1989
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Nursing, Penn State University, 1985
- 2017-Present Student Ministry, Northway Community Church, Sewickley Campus, Adult Leader
- 2016-Present Quality and Safety Committe of the Board Of Directors, Butler Health System, Butler, PA
- 2015- Present Community Member, Patient Safety Committee, Heritage Valley Health System
- 2015- Present Nurse Leader, Sigma Theta Tau, Upsilon Chapter, Honor Society of Nursing
- 2015-Present Board of Directors, Quality Improvement and Strategic Planning and Development Subcommittees Villa St. Joseph, Baden, PA
- 1995-2002 Western Pennsylvania Association of Healthcare Risk Management
Area of Expertise/Research
- Dec. 2014-Present - Robert Morris University: Program Director/Assistant Professor Responsible for oversight and development of Graduate/Undergraduate Health Service Administration Program, Developed MS HSA program course curriculum, Conducted numerous "Day in the Life" interviews with high level healthcare professionals, Developed Graduate/Undergraduate internship program, Formed HSA Advisory Board with healthcare representatives from various organizations.
- Dec. 2014-Present - Robert Morris University: Assistant Professor - Graduate and Undergraduate Health Services Administration Students.
- Jul. 2011-Jul. 2014 - Robert Morris University: Adjunct Professor - Graduate and Undergraduate students on campus and online (Health Administration, Nursing, and Organizational Leadership)
- Jul. 2010-Jul.2014 - St. Clair Hospital: Vice President/Chief Quality Officer: Responsible for Hospital-wide patient safety and quality program, Areas of direct report included: Patient Safety, Risk Management, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Infection Prevention, Care Management, and Clinical Documentation, Responsible for Value Based Purchasing and Readmission task forces, Named 100 top hospitals in the nation 2010 & 2012 along with numerous quality and patient safety awards
- Oct. 2000-Present - Independent Consultant: Joint Commission Regulatory Consultant for mock survey for hospital and home care, focus on evaluation and hands on assistance, staff education
- Oct. 2000-Present - Independent Consultant: DOH Regulatory Consultant for the Department of Health Issues
- Oct. 2000-Present - Independent Consultant: Additional experience in patient safety and quality, clinical documentation and care management, value based purchasing, readmissions, and educational and in-service sessions.
- Dec. 2008-Jul.2010 - Amerinet: National Quality and Patient Safety Director - Responsible for development and implementation of patient safety and quality program for members of this group purchasing organization, provided consultative services to its members, served as the resident expert for employees as well as members
- Apr. 2001-Dec.2008 - The Western Pennsylvania Hospital: Patient Safety Officer + Hospital Safety Officer + Director of Quality and Risk Management and Regulatory Affairs - Served as chairperson for the Patient Safety Committee, Responsible for the management of quality and risk management programs for the hospital and associated physician office practices, Served as chairperson of the Safety Committee, Provided consultative services to all areas of the hospital regarding quality, risk, and regulatory affairs
- Apr. 1990-Apr. 2001 - Jameson Memorial Hospital: Assistant Director of Quality Management Services/Safety Officer/Assistant Corporate Compliance Officer - Responsible for coordination and implementation of health system and medical staff quality improvement programs, Major focus on risk management, Infection control, and Safety, JCAHO survey coordinator 1996 (99%), JCAHO survey coordinator 1999 (96%), Team leader for Environment of Care Function, Member of Hospital Quality Improvement Steering Committee and Hospital Board of Directors, HIPAA task force leader
- Apr. 1990-Apr. 2001 - Jameson Memorial Hospital: Assistant Director of Nursing & Nursing Quality Improvement Chairperson - Member of the Nursing Management Team, Responsible for Nursing Quality Improvement Program
Publications2016 Hampe, Holly M., et al. "Impacting Care and Treatment of
the Burn Patient Conversion to Electronic Documentation." Critical Care Nursing Quarterly 40.1 (2017): 8-15.2016
2017 Hampe, Holly. "Online Simulation of a Root
Cause Analysis for Graduate Health Administration Students." Clinical
Simulation in Nursing 13.8 (2017):
2016 Hampe, Holly M., et al. "Accurate Identification of
Infection Source in Burn Trauma Patients With Central Line Infection to
Determine Appropriate Treatment Option As Well As Proper Public
Reporting." Critical Care
Nursing Quarterly 40.1
2016 Starn, Emily S., Holly Hampe, and Thomas Cline. "The
Cost-efficiency and Care Effectiveness of Probiotic Administration with
Antibiotics to Prevent Hospital-Acquired Clostridium difficile Infection." Quality Management in Healthcare 25.4 (2016): 238-243.
2016 Hampe, Holly, Margaret R. Rateau, and Michalene A. King.
"Three Creative Uses of Simulation in Online Nursing and Health Service
Administration Education." (2016).
Humanitarian Trip- Healthcare Administration- May 22, 2016, Post-Gazette
2015 Hampe, Holly M. "Physician-Led Sepsis Quality
Improvement Team." Critical
care nursing quarterly 38.2
2011 Hampe, Holly M. Comparative
analysis of publicly reported health care data to patient
safety culture in top performing
hospitals. ROBERT MORRIS UNIVERSITY, 2011.
- 2017 - RMU SNHS Dean's Scholar Program Speaker, 4/9/17
- 2017 - RMU Nuclear Medicine Junior Students: Comparative Analysis of Publicly Reported Health Care Data to Patient Safety Culture in Top Performing Hospitals (1/18/17) ; The Ten Commandments of Patient Safety (1/16/17)
- 2016 - Patient Safety Authority Monthly Meeting Program Presenter - 12/8/16: The Ten Commandments of Patient Safety
- 2016 - PARM Symposium Program - 10/13/17 and 10/14/17 ; Comparative Analysis of Publicly Reported Health Care Data to Patient Safety Culture in Top Performing Hospitals ; The Ten Commandments of Patient Safety
- 2016 - Council of Independent College - 4/7/16-4/9/16 ; Facilitator for Breakfast Breakout Session
- 2016 - Nicaragua Medical Mission Trip- 2/23- 3/4/16 ; Assisted Dr. Ross with the nursing students in the barrio and community health clinic. Health Services Administration student participated in the trip
- 2016 - Regulatory Readiness for Quality Patient Care, MITRE Presentation, Washington D.C. (approximately 80 attendees on-site and on-line), 3/18/16
- 2016 - Ten Commandments of Patient Safety- Hospitale Batastia, Managua, Nicaragua,
(approximately 30 attendees), 3/1/16.
- 2016 - Ten Commandments of Patient Safety- UPOLI , Managua, Nicaragua,
(approximately 100 attendees), 3/2/16.
- 2016 - The Use of Simulation in the Journey to Becoming a Healthcare Administrator. June 24, 2016, INACSL Conference.