- Ph.D., Accounting, University of Connecticut, 2005
Area of Expertise/Research
- Empirical accounting and capital markets research. Recent research focuses on corporate intangible investments, cost of equity capital, voluntary disclosure, mergers and acquisitions, debt covenants, and accounting restatements.
- "Intangible Investment and Stock Pricing of SGA Expenses: Evidence from the InformationWeek500 Firms," Journal of Business and Economic Studies, 17(2). 2011, with R. Huang and G. S. Seow
- "Do Firms become more Conservative after Financial Restatements?" International Journal of Accounting and Finance, 1 (4), 2009, with R. Huang and G. Vasudevan
- "Hot and Cold Merger Markets". Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 33 (4). 2009, with N.K. Chidambaran, K.John, and G. Vasudevan
- "The Networking Function of Investment Banks: Evidence from Private Investments in Public Equity." Journal of Corporate Finance, 14, 738-752. 2008. With R. Huang and D. Zhang