- Doctorate of Education, Instructional Design and Technology, University of Pittsburgh
- Master of Science, Information Science, University of Pittsburgh
- Bachelor of Science, Information Science, university of Pittsburgh
- Assistant Dean School of Adult and Continuing Education Robert Morris University
- Director of the Learning Resources Center at the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- Co-Coordinator of the Masters in Nursing Education Advanced Specialty Role Program University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- Assistant to the Vice-President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College for Information Technology at Walsh University
- Department Head, Organizational Studies, Robert Morris University
- Acting Director of the Division of Learning Resources. University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental medicine.
- Programmer Analyst, University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental medicine.
- Senior Programmer Analyst, University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental medicine.
- Senior Systems Analyst, University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental medicine.
- Programmer, Office of Computer Based Instruction, University Of Delaware
Area of Expertise/Research
- Online Eduction
- Instructional Design
- Security and Online Communities
- Online (Web) development (LAMP)
- Quantitative Analysis
- Database Design
- Mishra, S. , Slonka, K., Draus, P., Bromall, N. Slonka, K. (2020) “Addressing issues with EMR resulting in workarounds: An exploratory study.” Journal of Information Applied Research. Vol. 13 #1
- Draus, P. (2019) “Field Dependence As A Factor In Faculty And Student’s Views Of Different Online Instructional Tools.” Proceedings of the EDSIG Conference Cleveland Ohio Nov 6-9 2019. v5 n4918 ISSN: 2473-3857
- Draus, P. (2019) “Comparison of Published Program Outcomes with Student and Faculty Expected Outcomes using a Constructivist Alignment Approach.” Issues in Information Systems, Volume 20, October 2-5, Clearwater beach, Florida, 2019
- Draus, P. Bromall, N. Mishra, S. (2018) “Nurses Perception of the Impact of EMR on their Professional Role in the “Culture of Safety”” Issues in Information Systems, vol19 #3 pp160-167.
- Mishra, S., Draus, P., Goreva, N.,Caputo, D. (2017) “Measuring Internet Addiction And Its Relationship To Student Grade Point Average In Undergraduate Academic Performance” Issues in Information Systems 18(1) pp87-97
- Draus, P. (2016). Differences In Effects Of Help Sequence’s Delivery Medium On Users Of Differing Levels Of Field Dependence, Issues in Information Systems, Volume 17.
- Mishra, S., Leone, G., Caputo, D., Draus, P., Calabrisi, R. “The Role of Demographic Characteristics in Health Care Strategic Security Planning” 18th Americas Conference on Information Systems, Seattle WA. (July 29, 2012). AMCIS 2012 Proceedings. Paper 16.
- Mishra, S., Draus, P., Leone, G. and Caputo, D. (2013) The Role of Awareness and Communications in information Security Management : A Health Care information Systems Perspective, Clute Institute International Academic Conference, March 17-18, KeyWest, FL, 2013
- Larue E, Draus, P. and Klem, ML.(2009) “A Description of a Web Based Educational Tool for Understanding the PICO Framework in evidence Based Practice with a Citation Ranking System”. Computers, Informatics, Nursing.
Klem ML, Larue E, and Draus P (2007). Accessing and assessing the Evidence: An Online Tool for Teaching Evidence-based
Nursing Practice. Conference proceedings, Annual meeting of the Medical Library
Association, Philadelphia, PA.
Draus, P. (2006) Review of “Test Success: Test taking for Beginning Nursing Students (4th
edition), Nursing Education Perspectives.
LaRue E, Draus P and Klem ML,. (2006) “A comparative
analysis of the results a citation ranking system built within a web-based
educational tool for understanding the PICO framework in evidence based
practice” Conference proceedings, 7th
Annual Interdisciplinary Research Conference, Transforming Healthcare through
Research, Dublin, Ireland.
Sakraida, T., Draus, P. (2005) “Quality Handout Development
and Use”. Journal of Nursing Education. 44(7).
Sakraida, T., Draus, P. (2003) “Transition to a Web
Supported Curriculum”. Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 21(6).