Economics Conference - Online Proposal Submission
You are invited to submit a proposal for the presentation of a paper or panel.
All presentations should have a practical, applied orientation. Papers and panels will
be 45 minutes long. Panels must include two to four presenters addressing aspects of
the same topic. We hope that presentations will encourage discussion. The audience for
presentations could be either (a) elementary teachers, (b) secondary (grades 7-12) teachers,
or (c) college instructors.
The criteria for selection are: 1) the relevance of the topic,
2) the clarity and concision of the proposal, and 3) the degree to which the presentation
encourages discussion. The deadline for submission is January 31, 2022. Please note that under
current conference plans, a Google account will be necessary to attend the conference, which
will be held virtually on Google Meet.
Click here to view the conference website.
Possible Presentation Topics:
- Advanced Placement Economics
- Internationalizing the Curriculum
- Assessing Student Learning
- Diversity in Economics Education
- Teaching Using Pop Culture
- Economics and AACSB Accreditation
- Evaluation of Teaching
- Teaching Techniques
- Distance Learning
- Maintaining Academic Honesty in an Online Environment
- Use of Writing to Learn
- Active Learning
- Promoting the Economics Major
- Custom Based Research
- Teaching during COVID