JRNL4010 - Mass Media Campaigns
As the capstone course in the journalism concentration, this course will prepare students to responsibly handle the skills they have acquired thus far in the program (the ability to exercise news judgment, gather information, and prepare effective journalistic products). Upon successful course completion students will:
1) Understand the media's role in constructing the civilization we know today.
2) Understand the "Fourth Estate" role of the media in society
3) Understand the effect mediated messages can have on the direction of public discourse, public understanding of critical information, and public opinion.
4) Gain an increased appreciation for the importance of one's decisions as a media practitioner
5) Be able to defend one's position on media-related issues that impact mass society
Increase one's awareness of current nature of the mass media (the way the media are today)
Prerequisites: JRNL3020, JRNL3050, and JRNL2035
Important: Registration Information
Click "Details" for a course description, instructor information, and a link to the instructor's website, where you can find a syllabus,
first class information, and more...Registration Help
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Course starting with JRNL4010
No Courses Found